How much do you charge your clients for hosting?

Home Forums Business How much do you charge your clients for hosting?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dan Dan 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eger

Participant
    • Total posts: 3

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by  eger.
    Joker

joker

Participant
    • Total posts: 8

I pay about $150 per month for VPS on http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/vps/hosting/

I charge $10-$15 per month for simple websites and $30 per month for clients who host some content heavy sites such as Magento (those are very resource hungry).

eger

Participant
    • Total posts: 3

Thx for the answer! Do you charge extra for emails? Any limits on webspace, databases or transfer? What about data backup and restoring and access to cPanel/Plesk?

Dan

daniel

Keymaster
    • Total posts: 28

Emails – I give it for free. This is a good selling point for me. Some hostings charge for email addresses, and in a few cases clients migrated to me just because of unlimited email addresses.

I do give access to cPanels, no limits on database or transfer. I have about 20 clients hosting on my machine so I monitor the hosting use and when one of the sites is abusing the resources, I contact the client to discuss. However, for sites which would abuse the data transfer or space (large ecommerce mainly) I always suggest the client to have their own dedicated VPS (~$50 per month). That being said – I try to host only very small sites.

You should have an affiliate account with your favorite hosting (I like wiredtree and MT, for more demanding sites I like Rackspace and AWS), so you can earn referral fees.

For backups, I use whatever plesk or cpanel provides (with backing it up on an external AWS webspace). I use codeguard.com for more demanding clients.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Want to contribute to the discussion or ask a question?  Login  or  register  for free... and there are more benefits from the membership than access to the forum!