How to ask a client to pay for e-mail, face to face and phone consultations?

How to ask a client to pay for e-mail, face to face and phone consultations?

Home Forums Business How to ask a client to pay for e-mail, face to face and phone consultations?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MagicMike 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

curiousbill

Participant
    • Total posts: 3

I had the same issue, and I knew I must end all those ‘urgent’ calls on the weekends from my clients. I usually send something like this:

“Hi _____,

I just want to follow up and check if you have any questions related to your site and back-end. I am always here to help you with my advice. I also want to mention that a big part of my expertise is providing professional website maintenance and technical advice, so I am always here to answer any of your questions after the site is live. I provide free support for 2 weeks after the site is created, and after this period I bill for email, phone and face to face consultations with 15 minute increments and a rate of $40/hour. In case you need more consistent support every month, I also offer a monthly fixed price plan.

magicmike

Participant
    • Total posts: 4

Same here. By making it clear about support fees and my office hours, I ended all the annoying calls on Saturday evening from a client asking about random things. I am still available anytime for emergency situations (such as hosting failure), but as it turns out, usually they can wait until Monday :).

webangel

webangel

Participant
    • Total posts: 6

I have a couple of clients who abuse my free support. I do not want to lose them, but I am not sure what’s the best way to handle that, and how to ask them for money for this service.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Want to contribute to the discussion or ask a question?  Login  or  register  for free... and there are more benefits from the membership than access to the forum!