Using well-prepared documents not only demonstrates your professionalism, but also protects you from problems that may arise with clients. I learned this the hard way when I started my freelancing business and did not pay enough attention to using the correct documents, contracts, invoices, etc. Well-written documents can have immense power, so use them to your advantage. These templates will provide you with professional documents that will help to grow your business and your reputation.
To make it easy for you, I will publish a collection of documents and links to resources that will aid you in running your web design business properly.
- Email templates for communication with clients – a great article on Smashing Magazine “Email Templates For Web Designers And Developers (PDF, ODT, TXT)”
- Another great post from Smashing Magazine – “The Collective Legal Guide For Designers (Contract Samples)” – You should be able to find just about any document you need here. The article shows you what you need to sign depending on the project type, then sends you to an exact document located on this amazing site www.docracy.com .
If you aren’t able to find what you need in the resources above, you can check out the links below:
- “Google Docs Templates for Web Designers and Developers” and “5 Free to Use Freelance Design Contract Templates” from speckyboy.com
- “web design and development documents” from welcomebrand.co.uk
- “Design Contracts for Freelance Web Designers” from webdesignlaw.com
- “Simple & Effective Web Design Client Questionnaire” from 5t3ph.wordpress.com
- graphicriver.net has a great collection of professional documents. Keep in mind that the templates you buy here are just templates with dummy text. You will need to fill the documents out with real content.